Information We May Collect
Christian Union collects both non-personally-identifying information, such as aggregate information about website visits, and personally identifying information, such as name, email, phone number, and address. This information is collected and stored to provide the services necessary to fulfill our mission. The information we collect includes:
• Information you provide directly to us through various channels, including online and paper forms and applications, social media interactions, event registration, and donation forms.
• Information collected through student or alumni records, such as B. Name, course and degree details, date of birth, and contact information.
• Information collected when you visit our website or other online and social media platforms. For example, page views, time spent on the website, referral data (how you came to the website), date and time of visit, browser and platform, and IP address. We may collect online usage information using “cookies” and third-party software, such as Google Analytics.
• Information provided by third-party data services with which we contract. For example B. Address, telephone or email updates, death notices, demographic and wealth data, and digital advertising. Additionally, when you link or connect your account, we receive various information from third parties, such as Google and Facebook, as you allow through that service provider’s privacy settings.
Christian Union does not knowingly collect personal information from minors (under 18 years of age) without parental consent.
How We Use Your Information
Your personal information is used by Christian Union to provide services directly related to our mission as a nonprofit seminary. These services include:
• Managing customer relationships. You are an important part of the Christian Union community, and we want to ensure that information about you, your relationship with Christian Union, and your communication preferences is accurate and up-to-date.
• Communication and Marketing. We use your information to contact you and keep you up to date with the latest seminar news, events, and services that may interest you. You can enable or disable these communications at any time on our website. If you are in the European Union, we require your explicit consent (opt-in) under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) before we can contact you via mass communications.
• Data processing. When you fill out an application, conduct a financial transaction, or update information with us, we use the information you provide to process your request.
• Contract Services. From time to time, Christian Union may contract with outside services to meet its technology and consulting needs. Where necessary and permitted, we will provide your data to provide these services.
• Data analysis and archiving. We perform common administrative tasks and analyze your information to understand how to best improve our Services. We may also retain your information for future analysis or historical research use.
• Legal obligation. We may share your information if required by international, federal, state, or local law.
• Emergency. We may use your information if necessary to respond to an emergency.
Security and Storage of Your Information
Christian Union is committed to protecting your information by controlling access to it and following industry standards for data storage and security. Access to your personal information is available only to approved Christian Union member organizations and contractors and only as necessary to fulfill the school’s mission.
Certain public services used with Christian Union, such as Some platforms, such as social media and online forums, naturally have different data access and storage policies. By using such services with Christian Union, you consent to the security, storage, and access rights to data requested or specified by such services.
Although we do our best to ensure the security of your information, we understand that no security system is impenetrable. Christian Union cannot guarantee the security of its databases or the transmission of data over the Internet.
As permitted and subject to all applicable laws, you may have the right to request access to, edit your information, or delete your information from our database. You can revoke your consent to Christian Union communications (opt-out) at any time.
Reserve Your Right
Your Data, Our Responsibility
Our commitment is to keep you in the loop and ensure your awareness of how your data is being handled. We take privacy seriously, and we value the trust you place in us. By keeping you informed, we aim to preserve that trust and respect your right to privacy.